Thursday, January 31, 2019

So hows it going?

NEED ANY HELP?

It's been several weeks since I published the goal setting steps and thought I would drop by and see how everyone is getting along.

Question one is are you still on track> Does your daily actions take you nearer your goal or are you starting to drift off course?



Have a look at the cycle of success above

For those of you who require a little extra boost, I have something very special for you.

DNA – Decision / Navigation / Action

This very simple exercise is based on the story called A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

In the story Mr. Ebenezer Scrooge was visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, they came to challenge certain beliefs and attitudes that where having a serious impact on Mr. Scrooge and the people around him.

Use this powerful technique to visit your very own ghosts by doing the following step by step exercise.

First recognize now that there is nothing you can do to change the past, just except all that has happened in your life without regret, judgment or blame. Then realize that even though you’re past thoughts and actions have had a certain influence on who you are today, THE FUTURE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE SAME AS THE PAST.

Now close your eyes and take a moment to think about the present. Consider the beliefs which could be limiting you from realizing your fullest mental potential.

For example: Consider you may be holding onto a belief such as you have a bad memory, and the older you become the worse it will get, there is no use trying to improve it so why bother, facts just slip your mind and that’s the way it has always been so you except your forgetful and it is just the way you are.

Now as you feel the weight of this negative self-talk reinforcing these limiting beliefs about your mental capacity, ask yourself:

How much has this type of self-talk already cost me in my life? What have I lost and missed out on as a result of these beliefs? In how many ways have I cheated myself and others around me because of my limiting beliefs? What unpleasant emotions do I experience on a daily basis as a direct result of these statements I constantly make to myself (and those around me)? How many things have I not even attempted in my life as a result of these beliefs?

Feeling the full weight of the consequences of holding on to this type of self-talk, I now want you to ask yourself WHAT THESE BELIEFS WILL COST ME IN THE FUTURE.

Now mentally take a step into the future (just as Mr. Scrooge did) and visualize the effects of another whole year telling yourself “I have the worst memory” Think of the challenges you wont attempt, all the people you will shy away from and getting to know, all the stimulation your brain will miss by not trying to take on new challenges. Now consider the cost, the burden of these beliefs affecting your life for another FIVE YEARS. Drag the consequences of your self-limiting beliefs with you five years into the future and ask yourself.

How much more will in cost me in the next five years if I continue to uphold these negative beliefs about my minds limited capability and potential? How many regrets will I have if I don’t change my self-talk? What will I have missed out on? What will I have given up? What will happen to my career in the next five years if I hold on to these beliefs? How will this affect my relationships? My health? What will my children think of me? What kind of role model will I turn out to be?

In your mind I want you to step forward ten years into the future, See, Hear and Feel what life is like for you ten years from now if you don’t change your self-talk or limiting beliefs!

Ask Yourself:

When I look in the mirror ten years from now, how much heavier do you feel as a direct result of these limiting beliefs? How bad do I feel about myself? What are some of the things I haven’t accomplished by not giving up these beliefs?

Now imagine yourself twenty years from now. What profound effect will twenty years of self-talk programming these beliefs into your master computer have had on your life? What will have happened by then? Defeat, failure, disillusionment, despair? Ask yourself now.

How much have I missed out on? How much more could I have accomplished if I had only changed my self-talk twenty years ago? Has my life been an example or has it been a warning to others? Is that what I want?

STOP!

THE GOOD NEWS IS… You can open your eyes … IT IS STILL THE PRESENT! You haven’t reaped the disastrous rewards of twenty years of negative SELF-TALK.

Its Christmas morning. There is plenty to do. As you commit yourself to a new outcome NOW, YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO DETERMINE YOUR OWN DESTINY.

NOW THINK OF ONE YEAR, FIVE YEARS, TEN YEARS, TWENTY YEARS OF SAYING TO YOURSELF AND BELIEVING:

“I have a great mind”

“I have excellent powers of retention”

”I enjoy mental challenges and reaping the rewards”

“I am building my brain power and improving my brain potential day by day”

“I am meeting more people, remembering their names and enjoying the experience”

“I am doing all I can to develop my mental strength and to condition my memory and continuously improve in all areas of my life”

As you consider the future, answer these questions for yourself.

How much more will I have gained by living my life with these new beliefs? How much more will I have been able to learn, grow, know and accomplish as a direct result of this new self-talk? What has been the true benefit of these new beliefs to my children as they look at me as a model of excellence? How has that changed our lives? How grateful, happy, proud do I feel about having cared enough to change those useless, old fashioned beliefs into productive, empowering new beliefs and create the DESTINY I so richly deserve.

I want to end this exercise with a great self-talk statement to remind you about this important principle:

“Simply by making the choice to watch what I say when I talk to myself, the beliefs I hold will instantly improve and my future will be dramatically influenced”

GO FOR IT